When it comes to setting up the dlink router, there is expedient Setup Wizard, which will be providing enough guidance to a beginner. For dlink router setup, initially the router is to be connected to the modem and connecting the computer to the network the Setup Wizard is to be run. However, the process will significantly differ based upon the network connection.
Here is a systematic dlink router setup guidance is provided for hassle free configuration.
- Connect the router to the modem; there will be a power adapter, which should be connected to the router as well.
- Connect the Ethernet cable from the WAN port on the router to the modem, to indicate the outgoing Ethernet ports, the port often turns yellow for better differentiation, however for the models, D-Link 524 and D-Link 624 the color turns black.
- After taking sometime, the Power and WAN light will turn on.
- Next is to connecting the computer to the router. When it is wired, the Ethernet cord will be connecting the computer with the D-Link.
- Excepting the WAN port, any Ethernet port can be used. For the wireless connection, the Network icon which is on the System Tray should be clicked.
- Next is to choose the associated network.
- The password should be entered along the network key.
- Connect network.
Configuring the router
- For router configuration, the router’s IP address has to be entered the Web browser’s search box. For D-Link 524 and 624 the IP address would be 192.168.0.1. however for many models the address could be 192.168.1.254 and 2604T.
- Both the username and the password should be entered and the user name and the password will be there in the instruction manual if its not there, both can be procured from the official site of D-Link.
- Run the Setup Wizard for configuration. Based on the connection type, the router will be auto selecting most settings. Next, a series of questions will come up.
- Close to the connection button is a radial button, which is to select next, majority of modem users go for DHCP.
- Number of DSL and ADSL users are seen to be selecting PPPoE, well PPPoE will be serving as username and password will be provided by the Internet Service Provider.
- For the local wireless network, a new network and a password need to be selected and the password should be an alphanumeric password, which would be quite challenging for others to speculate.
- In order to save the configuration the Save button should be clicked and router should be scheduled to restart.